So the hubby bought my an iPod Touch for Christmas. Ok, so that's still over a week away but he got one from his boss during the Christmas party and we had agreed to get each other one for Christmas... I got mine early as a result! :)
I LOVE the iPod Touch. LOVE IT. Except it doesn't have a camera which sucks. Basically the iPod Touch is the iPhone minus the phone and camera. That's fine, I have a cellphone that I RARELY use, there is no point in spending $300 for the phone and $150 (plus tax and other fees) a month in phone service. Yup, that's for ONE phone. If we both had IPhones it'd be over $300 a month in phone service! Actually out of pocket for the first month would be $647.64. That's for two 32 GB 3G iPhones. If we went with the 8 GB 3G iPhone for $99 it would still be $428.88 out of pocket for two phones!
Here's the monthly fees PER PHONE:
Plan: Nation Unlimited $99.99
Services: Data Plan for iPhone $30.00
iPhone Messaging Unlimited $20.00
That's $149.99 plus tax PER PHONE! Again, over $300 a month. Yeah, no thanks. I'll stick with the iPod Touch which cost us $195 for the 8 GB (I compromised, he was going to get me a 64 GB but I decided I rather have two of my kittens on vet plans for that money). Like I said, the iPod Touch is basically the iPhone minus the phone and camera. You can add a phone through Skype by simply adding on the add on and buying a headset with a microphone. You can connect to the internet with the iPod Touch so long as there is a wireless network you can connect to. No biggie for us since our home network is wireless and the hubby's work place is also wireless. Traveling on the other hand... no hotspots = no phone.
Okay, that all said.... The free apps I LOVE with my iPod Touch. You can get these free apps by launching the App Store in your iTunes program. Twitter me your favorite iPod/iPhone app name!
- Alarm Clock , v1.0.3, Seller: AppBee Inc.
- Best Buy, v2.1, Seller: Best Buy
- BlogPressLite, v1.4.0, Seller: InfoThinker Inc.
- Bump, v1.21, Seller: Bump Technologies LLC
- Cellfire Mobile Coupons, v3.7.1, Seller: Cellfire Inc.
- Coupons, v1.1, Seller: CouponCabin, Inc.
- Coupons.com, v1.0, Seller: Coupons.com Incorporated
- DexKnows, v1.2.2, Seller: Dex Media, Inc.
- Facebook, v3.03, Seller: Facebook
- Google Earth, v2.0.1, Seller: Google Mobile
- JCPenney Weekly Deals, v2.0, Seller: Sevnthsin, LLC
- Kohl's Weekly Ad & Store Finder, v1.0, Seller: ShopLocal
- Kotoba! (Japanese dictionary), v2.1, Seller: Pierre-Philipp di Costanzo
- PayPal, v1.6, Seller: PayPal, an eBay Company
- Photobucket, v2.0.1, Seller: Photobucket.com Inc.
- PriceGrabber, v1.0, Seller: PriceGrabber
- redbox, v1.0, Seller: redbox (9+)
- ShopSavvy, v1.0, Seller: Big in Japan, Inc.
- Skype, v1.2.2, Seller: Skype Software S.a.r.l.
- Target, v3.2.1, Seller: Target
- TweetDeck for iPhone, v1.1.2, Seller: Iain Dodsworth
- TwitPic, v1.0, Seller: Koen Desmedt
- Urbanspoon, v1.12, Seller: Wanderspot, LLC
- Walgreens, v1.0, Seller: Walgreen Co. (12+)
- Walmart, v1.0, Seller: Walmart
- WhitePages Mobile, v1.3.2, Seller: WhitePages.com
- Wi-Fi Finder, v1.3.1, Seller: JiWire Inc.
- WiFi Get, v2.1, Seller: WiTagg Inc
- Wi-Fi, v2.3, Seller: YOUniversal Ideas
- Yahoo!, v1.1.1, Seller: Yahoo!
- Yowza!! Mobile Coupons, v2.1, Seller: Yowza!!